Wednesday 7 March 2012

Today's port scan attempt goes to ....

Whilst at work today got a report of a port scan on my home adsl router, so out of curosity I checked the scanning IP with the aim of report abuse. It was no surprise that the IP address had a default installation of software on it and no indication of the owning company, this was around 2pm this afternoon.


So a quick whois later found the IP block owner and sent an email to the abuse email to them, still got a couple of reports of a port scan. However when I check the IP address I now get the following web page titled "Hc Vin Vit Nam Hacked UnderGround"


Now they have defaced the server, hopefully that IP will stop the port scans until the next machine is compromised and comes across IP address range my adsl connection is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment